Privacy & Cookies Policy
Data protection principles
If you have any questions about this policy, please get in touch by emailing [email protected]
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website, in accordance with The Data Protection Act 1998, and from 25th May 2018, General Data Protection Regulations, (GDPR). In general, you may give us your contact details when enquiring about our services, or when you place an order with us. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information to help us process any requests you make of us and to help us fulfil the provision of services:
- Your name
- Your address and email address
- Your telephone contact numbers
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Anonymised website usage data, via third party provider Google Analytics.
- We maintain a record of communications that we send to you and will also log any communications that you send to us.
Controlling information about you
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties. We will never share your data with third parties unless we have your permission to do so, or the law requires us to in fulfilling our obligations.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, and also from 25th May 2018, GDPR.
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the Company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records, for example to ensure we have accurate contact information while providing services to you
- To deliver our services effectively and in a timely manner
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
In compliance with GDPR, we use two lawful bases for processing your data:
- Contract basis – where you purchase our services, we store and process your details including name, address, email address, telephone number and payment details in order to fulfil your purchase and provide the services you have requested.
- Consent basis -where you agree to receive marketing from us, which may include email marketing, promotions and events. We always ask your permission to market to you and you may opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email, or by contacting us:?[email protected]
Under law, you have the right to request disclosure of the information we hold about you. Please contact us by email, [email protected]?stating your request which will be complied with in a reasonable timeframe, currently 30 days or less.
You may also request erasure of any or all of that information. Please contact us by email,? [email protected]?stating your request which will be complied with in a reasonable timeframe, currently 30 days or less.
Third Parties and Companies We Work With
To help us improve our website and its services, we use Google Analytics to collect and report anonymised data on website usage. This can include, for example, the locations our website users are based in, their age group and the time they spend on different pages on our website. We don?t, and are not able to, collect personally identifying data or information about you via Google Analytics.
If you have concerns or questions, you can contact them directly or email us: [email protected]
We will always hold your information securely on modern and secure systems.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR 2018.
Although we have systems and processes in place to prevent a security breach, if it should happen, and it could lead to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the Company will promptly assess the risk to your rights and freedoms under current UK law, and if appropriate report this breach to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). ?
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the Simply Jo Marketing domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. We recommend you read the site?s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer?s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any personally identifying information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
To learn more about cookies and how they are used, visit All About Cookies.